Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Beautiful gift

A few weeks ago, I received a very special gift. After I had the miscarriage, a lady I used to work with found out about it, and shared it with the ladies she goes to church with. At Eagle Heights Fellowship, they have a prayer quilt ministry, and they kindly made me a quilt to remember the baby. There were so many emotions attached to receiving this gift, I regret not documenting it all sooner. For one, I am just in awe of how God works through his children, using them to bring peace, love and kindness to ones who are in need. These ladies, who don't even know me, took time to pray for me, and sew a quilt for me. In the quilt there are pieces of yarn tied in knots. Each knot represents a special prayer said just for me. When I first got the blanket, it just reminded me of how we are united by Christ. Believers all over the world, although we may not know one another, are all brothers and sisters. This is a picture of that, believers serving a sister in need. The blanket is beautiful, and you can see all the love put into every stitch. I am very grateful for the ladies, and pray that God continues to bless their ministry. I will forever treasure this gift they have given me. To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment