Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

This Christmas was possibly the best Christmas I've ever had. Everything didn't go right; I got way too stressed out trying to "get it all done" before the festivities began; I missed my family Christmas party because it was on a Sunday, and we couldn't make it after church; there are still broken family relationships that we mourn, especially around the holidays. But despite all of that, this Christmas was the best.
We decided this year that we would complete all of our Christmas festivities before Christmas day, so that Christmas day would be just ours. We would have no plans, nowhere to be, nothing to do. And that is just what we did!
Christmas Eve we had a small gathering with our family (yes, Chrissy, that includes you!). We had yummy food, presents, and afterward some of us went to the Christmas Eve service at church. It was great, a very special time for me. Afterwards, we had dinner with some great friends, and that time was very special to me as well.
On to Christmas day! We had stayed out late Christmas Eve, so we all slept in Christmas Day. When we finally got up, Brian made breakfast and we all ate. Then we went and read our bible as a family for a little bit, then we opened presents. We stayed in our pajamas ALL day, ate leftovers and easy stuff, and just did nothing. If we celebrated a Sabbath day, I imagine it would be much like our Christmas day.
As we grow in Christ, I believe the way we celebrate his birth will grow as well. This year was better than last, and I pray that our lives would glorify God more and more, and that he would use us for His purpose. Praying that 2011 brings much growth in our lives, and all glory to God, for only He is worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment