Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And so it begins..

Yesterday I had to have a long talk with Kaylee about things that seem beyond her age. She was talking about crushes (even though she has no clue what that even means), I caught her playing "switch boyfriends" with her barbies, and once I walked in and caught her wearing a shirt as a really short dress. I think the last one bothered me the most. I asked her why she was doing that and she told me she wanted to be "girly". I asked what that meant, and she told me she wanted to be pretty. I asked her why she would think that makes her pretty and she told me because she sees women dress like that. It made me sad that at 6 she has already bought into the idea that beauty is merely external, and that less is more when it comes to clothing. I had a long talk with her about boys, dating and God's design in marriage, modesty and what God says true beauty is. I don't want her to follow after this world and it's ways. I don't want to overreact, but I also don't want her to continue on in thinking that her beauty depends on what she wears and how much she shows. Please pray for me, that I would be a good example to her, and that I can diligently teach her what scripture says beautiful is.

No comments:

Post a Comment