Monday, June 25, 2012

Why do I need a title anyways?! ;)

Just wanted to jot a few things down.
Kaylee and Brian stayed at their Papa's house this Thursday night, and we picked them up Saturday. I was so lost without them! Even though they drive me crazy with fighting and bickering most days, the house was too quiet without them. *Edited to add a story. While at Papa and Grandma's house, the kids were offered a coke. We don't give them coke, everyone knows that. Kaylee said no, we aren't supposed to drink coke. Now, it wouldn't be the end of the world if they drank it, we just prefer they not. So her Grandma told her " You're at Grandma's house, it will be ok." My sweet little girl still refused, she knew she wasn't supposed to. I'm so very proud of her. She had the opportunity to do something against our wishes without our knowing, but chose not to. I'm thankful for the character she is developing. <br>
Brian took me on a date this weekend. We went to dinner and a movie. It was nice to spend time with him. I think it is so important for parents to get some time alone. Not just after the kids to go bed, but intentional time where you can enjoy each others company. I don't want to go through life raising kids, and wind up strangers when the kids leave home because we didn't take time to ourselves.
Josiah started saying "dada". FINALLY!! :) We have been working on that for months now! I can't believe the little guy is going to be a year old soon. I wanted to throw him a big party at the park, but waited too long and everything is booked. I'm not sure what to do now, but I'm thinking of just doing a small party at home, mainly with family.
VBS is this week, and I'm teaching 1st and 2nd grade. I'm NERVOUS. lol. I always get nervous.
I can never think of blog titles. Can you tell? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment