Saturday, January 29, 2011

I have a brother

I have a brother. Well, actually, I have 2 now! Ironically, they are both the same age. ;)
A few days ago I got a friend request on facebook from someone I didn't know. I try and post scripture and things of that nature on my facebook, hoping that it will in some way bless someone else, so I approve everybody, even if I don't know you. So I accepted, and did my usual snooping trying to figure out who this person was and why on earth they would request me as a friend. Nothing rang a bell. We had no mutual friends, the pictures didn't look at all familiar. I told Brian, "I wonder why people who don't know you request to be your friend, isn't that weird?". The next day I got a message asking if I was my Dad's daughter. I said yes, and after a few messages back and forth, I got a message saying that her husband was my Dad's son. I was at a Dr appt with my Mom, and my mouth dropped (literally!). My Mom knew nothing about this, and neither did I. I gave her my phone number so we could talk, and when I hung up the phone, I now had a brother, sister in law, and two nieces! I suppose I always had them, just never knew it. That afternoon I got to talk with my brother twice, and it was awesome. He is in the army. They live in Tennessee, but will be moving to Virgina this year. He loves God! We talked for an hour, and a lot of our conversation was centered on Christ. That is just pretty amazing to me. Of course, there are a lot of feelings of hurt, confusion, and anger that I need to deal with. But knowing I have a brother, and he has a beautiful family is such an amazing addition to my life, and truly a blessing! Hopefully I will get to meet them later on this year. Another thing I found interesting was the fact that him, my soon to be brother in law, and my nephew all have the same first and middle name. How weird is that? I am excited about this door that has been opened in my life, and can't wait to get to know all of them better!! Now I have 2 brothers and a sister. I'm still the baby though! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment