Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bubba-lies and ocd

My baby boy is growing so quickly! Little ones go through these seasons where they seem to grow faster than you can keep up! This is one of those seasons. He has picked up some ocd tendencies, but I have NO clue where!! ;)
Some things he is particular about are:
When I clean him up after a meal, if I wipe one hand I have to wipe the other. Sometimes he will ask me to wipe his cheek (even if it isn't dirty) and if I don't wipe the other side he will start to cry until I wipe it.
If he kisses you on one cheek, he will turn your head and kiss you on the other as well. He will rarely give just one kiss on the cheek, it is usually a kiss on one side, then the other, and then the lips. =)
One day when coming up to the door, he was on my right side and stepped up the little step, then he went back down and went to my left side and stepped up, then got down and stepped up behind me in the middle. I wont lie, this one concerned me a bit. ;)
He doesn't like me to walk through the grass. One day he sat at the car and cried and I didn't know why. I went to console him and he informed me I needed to follow him up the sidewalk, then he was happy.
He wants to do EVERYTHING himself. One night he came to try and get in bed with Brian and I, and I talked to him and told him he needed to go back in his bed. I asked if he wanted to walk or have Daddy carry him, and he said he wanted to walk. It was dark and he was trying to get down and Brian touched his back to make sure he didn't fall. This caused a 10 minute melt down about how he wanted to do it himself. We have at least one of these battles everyday.
For awhile, I wondered where this could have come from. Then, my lovely friends began to point out things I am a little obsessive about. I'm not obsessive, I just pay attention to small detail. ;) (Maybe I'm still in denial)
I don't like lights to be left on in a room nobody is in. It REALLY bugs me. If I notice one on, I will probably get up in the middle of my sentence and go turn it off. It has been pointed out to me that I am meticulous about laundry. Things are neatly folded. I thought this was completely normal, but apparently, not so much. Last night Brian was helping me put the bed sheets back on and he was trying to put the flat sheet on before I had completely straightened the fitted one. Then, he was trying to put the blanket on before I finished with the flat sheet! When I said something, he pointed out that we were about to go to bed and it would be messed up anyways, but I just couldn't leave it. Maybe I'm a LITTLE obsessive.
Now for the Bubba-lies. Both of my kids like to give Eskimo and butterfly kisses. Really, it is just my way to steal more kisses from them. ;) Lately, Bubba always asks for butterfly kisses, and has added it to his routine of kisses (for Mommy at least), only he can't say butterflies. He says "Bubba-lies". It is so stinking cute!! He is talking much more clear these days, so I am trying to document all of the cute ways he says things before he learns the correct way.

No comments:

Post a Comment