Monday, February 7, 2011

14 weeks, 1 day

I had another doctor appointment this morning. Well actually, it wasn't a scheduled appointment, but I went to the doctor. Last week I noticed it became harder to empty my bladder. Over the weekend, it got worse. Yesterday, I knew my bladder was full and tried to go before we left, but I couldn't go at all. Not a drop. I had to push on my bladder to finally get anything out, but I knew my bladder was still full. I gave up and we went to go eat. On the way to the restaurant my stomach started to hurt and I had this burning sensation in my stomach because my bladder was so full. By the time we got to the restaurant, I could finally go. Needless to say, I called the doctor first thing this morning. I have been super paranoid this entire pregnancy, and this just made it worse. Of course, I googled my problem and found a lot of stuff about people with tipped uterus' having the same problem. That scared me because I had a tipped uterus in my last pregnancy, then I miscarried. Anywho, I went to the doctor and he listened for the heartbeat, which was loud and clear. It was 153 bpm, and the baby kept moving around trying to hide from the doppler. He did an exam and said the baby was right on my bladder putting pressure, and causing my bladder to only have about half of its normal capacity. Fun, right? Basically, I just have to deal with it until the baby grows more into my abdomen and lifts off of my bladder. He also said that because of scar tissue and adhesions from previous c-sections my bladder is more sensitive. Other than the uncomfortableness of a baby on the bladder, everything is good. I even gained 2 pounds! I'm going to post a picture later, I just don't have time to take one and upload it right now. Now I don't have to go back for another month, then he should hopefully schedule an ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment