Monday, February 14, 2011

Family weekend

This past weekend Brian actually got the weekend off, so we spent a lot of time together. =) Friday night my mother in law kept the kids while Brian and I had a date night. We went to eat dinner at Outback and watched a movie. It was so nice to just be together, it has been too long since we did that. Saturday morning we got up and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. We never get to go get breakfast, or really even eat breakfast as a family because Brian works most Saturdays, and there isn't time before Sunday School on Sundays. After breakfast we went to pick the kids up and head to Kemah for a family fun day. We all got wristbands and rode the rides. The kids had a blast! We rode a spinning ride (thinking back, I probably shouldn't have done that pregnant) that Kaylee LOVED. She told me that it made her feel like the didn't have a tummy, and she wanted to ride it again. After feeling the pressure on my bladder from the ride, I could NOT do that again. Brian gets sick on spinning rides, so she was out of luck. She also rode the one that looks like swings that goes really high in the air. She freaked Brian out because she unbuckled her seat belt twice, once before the ride started, and once on the way up. After spending hours riding rides, we all went to eat lunch at Joe's, where Bubba had a major melt down because Brian folded up the stroller. Yes, he is that crazy. ;)  We decided to go on a few more rides before we left. My Mom had asked to keep the kids Saturday night, and they needed a nap. Bubba was NOT happy about leaving at all. He threw a fit almost the entire ride home, screaming "ride rides", until he fell asleep less than 10 min from the house. When we got home and I had to wake him up to get him out, he woke up screaming "ride rides" lol. It was such a beautiful weekend, and I absolutely loved getting to spend so much time together!

On a completely different note, today is Valentines Day! I know a lot of people hate Valentines Day because it is a dumb made up holiday and blah blah blah. But, I like Valentines Day. =) I like it for a few reasons. First of all, Brian bought me my promise ring on Valentines Day. Then, he proposed on Valentines Day. Also, I like having a few days out of the year to make you really stop and reflect on your love for one another.  I know, we should do this everyday. But, we don't, we get caught up in life and forget to remember the great blessing we have in a spouse. Sure, it can get materialistic and most people take it way overboard. I know I've been guilty of that in the past, but the greatest memories I have with Brian are ones where he spends little, but shows his love in a big way. For instance, last year he made Jap-Je and bulgolgi. Okay, I have NO idea how to spell that correctly, but it is a Korean noodle dish that Chrissy's Mom got me hooked on. He had to get Chrissy's Mom to buy him stuff from the Korean store that he couldn't get elsewhere. It was an all day affair. He had also bought me a gift certificate to get a massage (my first!), and surprised me with a candle light dinner when I got home. It was so amazingly sweet. This year was a little different, because he worked all day, but he still came home with the sweetest card that reminded me just how much he really does love me. And, because I am a hoarder, I keep all of these cards, so they will being warmth into my heart later on too. I'm thankful for my husband. He is one of my greatest blessings. He isn't perfect, and he fails (Almost as much as I do) but watching him grow in sanctification is priceless. He is, without a doubt, my best friend. He knows just what to say, or not say to brighten any of my bad days. He knows my fears, flaws, and imperfections and he loves me anyways, with an unconditional love I have never known. He challenges me to grow. He inspires me to be a better wife, mom, and friend. It is sad that I need a special day like today to stop and remember just how amazing he is to me, but I'm thankful for the reminder. I pray that God continues to bless our marriage in all the days of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment