Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh how they grow

Lately my children have been growing quickly before my eyes. I'm so thankful to be with them all day, everyday, and get to see all the new things they do. My daughter is starting to look so much more "grown up". She is maturing very quickly. We are doing preschool "school work", and she does so well! She LOVES to do school work, and picks things up pretty quickly. I'm hoping she stays this way, then homeschooling won't be so hard! (With her at least lol) She is learning to sound out words, and spell things. Her writing is getting very good. I am constantly amazed at just how much she understands and remembers. My son will be 2 in December, and he is doing so many new things here lately. We have been potty training, and I think it is going well. I have him in underwear all the time, except when we go in public, and he will now tell me when he needs to go potty. He has also learned how to take his underwear off and put them back on by himself. He is developing quite the vocabulary, and has a language all his own. ;) He is a very sweet Mommas boy who already knows how to melt my heart. He LOVES his big sister, and loves to do whatever it is she is doing, even if she doesn't want him to. When Brian comes home from work, he stops whatever he is doing, jumps up and runs to the door to hug Daddy.
Being a Mom is such a blessing to me. Most days, I'm overworked, exhausted, and probably half crazy, but I wouldn't change it one bit. While I'm sad that my babies aren't really babies anymore, I am loving watching them grow, and being able to teach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment