Saturday, October 23, 2010

A little bit of crazy

The past couple of days have been crazy around the Carney house. Late Wednesday night my son started running a high fever (102.9), and it has come back every 3-4 hours without fail. The highest it has gotten was 103.8 today. I took the kids to the Dr on Friday and she said Bubba has a throat infection and thrush. She peeked at Kaylee's throat, but said it looked fine. While waiting on medicine at Walgreens, Kaylee's fever set in, so I had to call the Dr back and get her medicine too. I haven't slept for more than an hour or two at a time since Wednesday night. I am so super concerned about these crazy high fevers that the doctor probably thinks I'm a crazy lady for calling so much. Both kids are on antibiotics, and I'm really hoping they start to kick in soon. I feel so helpless with them being so sick, I wish I could take it away for them. They seemed to be doing good this morning, playing and fever free, so I decided to have a lunch date with my bestie. As soon as we sat down in the restaurant, both kids started looking bad again. Bubba even fell asleep in my lap! That pretty much never happens! We hurried and ate, and I came home and took their temperatures. Kaylee was up to 103 and Bubba was 103.8. I gave them more medicine and we vegged out on the couch and watched a movie.
Today was the first time Kaylee cried during a movie! We were watching Chestnut, and there is a really sad part in the movie. I was a little teary eyed myself. Brian came home during that part, so I put it on pause. We looked over and realized Kaylee was crying. I asked her what was wrong, and she tried to play it off by saying "My eyes are watering! I don't know why my eyes are watering! I need to go potty!" LOL, I couldn't hold my laughter in. Then I had to explain to her that I wasn't laughing at her crying, I was laughing at her trying to hide her crying. That girl is so sweet and brings such big smiles to my face!
So, tomorrow we will be missing church to make sure the kids feel better. Pray for us that we maintain the strength and sanity to nurse our kids back to health, and that they will get better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment