Monday, October 25, 2010

I've got to start sleeping better...

I have never really slept well at night. For as long as I can remember, it has taken me forever to actually fall asleep, and I wake up randomly through out the night. This happens almost every night. I guess sometimes my body decides enough is enough, and I fall into a deep sleep. Weird things always happen when I actually sleep well. I either have bad dreams, or talk in my sleep (crazy talk) or sometimes I actually do things that seem normal to me, but I'm actually still dreaming. Once, I had a dream that Kaylee got up and came to our room (which was impossible because she had a baby gate up) so in my dream I panicked at the thought that she might leave our room and fall down the stairs. I got up and closed the door, and went back to sleep, no big deal. When Brian got up to leave for work, it was so dark in the room that he couldn't see I closed the door and he ran into it! I'll admit, I found humor in that one. ;)  Also, a few nights ago, Bubba woke up crying (again) and I asked Brian if he gave the younger kids their medicine. He is half asleep too, so he just keeps asking me "what??". Finally I say "NEVER MIND! I'll just do it myself!" and got up and went to Bubba's room. While checking on Bubba, I guess I fully woke up and realized I had absolutely NO clue what I was saying?!
I say all of that to tell this story...
I haven't had much sleep since Wed. because both kids are sick and running high fevers. Last night Bubba was fine, and fever free, but Kaylee still had a fever. We went to bed between 11 and 12, not sure exactly what time because I crashed out as Brian was reading. (Sorry babe!) Sometime after that, Kaylee started coughing, but it was a bad cough. It sounded like she was gasping for air or couldn't breathe or something. I'm not sure if it really sounded that bad, or if I just panicked at the thought of something being wrong. I jumped up in my bed (literally, I was standing on my bed) and ran over Brian, jumped down and ran in Kaylee's room. This completely freaked Brian out. I think it freaked Kaylee out a little, too. She said she was fine, and just needed to cough. So fine, all is well, and Mom just had a crazy, half asleep moment again. Only, I as I'm walking back to my room, I notice my leg hurts...bad. I look down and I have a huge knot and already starting to form bruise on my leg. I have NO idea how that happened! It even hurts to walk on it today. It goes all the way across my calf (Yeah, I know, that isn't very far lol) and I'm thinking it might take awhile to go away. Maybe the fact that I never sleep well at night is actually my body's way of preventing accidents like these! The kids seem to be getting better, so I'm hoping that means more restful nights for us all! I could sure use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment