Monday, June 21, 2010

The Lord is dealing with me..

I can always feel God dealing with me in one way or another. I'm thankful for that. I thought I would share one way the Lord has been dealing with me lately. It all has to do with love, and the way in which I love my husband. I know that I am supposed to love EVERYBODY in this way, but God has really been working in my heart with the way I treat my husband. First, I will share the scripture that flows through my head daily.

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

These are often heard versus for most of us. We hear them at weddings, read them on cards and coffee cups. I know most of these words by heart, but rarely stop and ponder on their meanings. We all get in a bad mood every now and then, and usually take it out on someone undeserving. I know I do. My husband is usually on the receiving end of these mood swings. If I am stressed out because I've had a long day with toddlers that don't listen, he is usually feeling the effects of it. I am usually good about apologizing, but that isn't enough, as God is showing me. This is what God has been showing me: when I am impatient with my husband, that is not love. It isn't from a loving place. Even if I feel like I have a right, an excuse, I don't. That isn't love, and I should love my husband. Love isn't rude, and sometimes, I am. Love isn't irritable, and I am, often. Love doesn't insist on its own way, but so many times, I do. I love my husband more than words can say, but do I show it? According to the bible, I don't.

**God, thank you for dealing with my heart, and showing me my sinfulness. Please help me love my husband in a way that brings glory to your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment