Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Through the eyes of a Mom

Things have been crazy the past 2 weeks. I have been so sick this pregnancy that I barely make it off of the couch before I start dry heaving. I'm pretty sure I have been suffering from motion sickness, because even the sight of the movements on tv make me sick. I feel as though I have been barely making it through each day, with nothing productive to show for the day. The past couple of days have been better, though. I have found some relief, and I am very thankful. I'm sure my family is too.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. Although I did feel sick the first half of the day, felt much better in the afternoon. Sometimes, I feel as though I am constantly having to correct my children. It is like a never ending battle keeping them in line. Every so often, I get a reminder of why it is all worth it. I see growth in my child, and it makes me glad. Yesterday was one of those days. Kaylee has been having issues responding to people when they talk to her. It started off mostly with men she didn't know, but has slowly spread to everyone. If someone says bye, she ignores them. If they want a hug, she cries. I had no idea how to deal with this, because I don't know why she is like that. Most of these people she sees on a regular basis, so it isn't as though it is a stranger. She talks about these people at home all day long, but face to face, she is rude. I've tried talking it through with her, and patiently showing her that it is okay, there is nothing to be scared of, but nothing has worked. This is now a behavior we have decided to punish, because she has to learn that being rude isn't acceptable. Well, I am proud to say that I am seeing growth! Yesterday when we stopped by my Moms, she gave my sister a hug bye without having to be asked to, and she didn't even cry when my nephew came and hugged her! (I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but really, it is! lol) So when we came home, we decided to reward her good behavior. She likes to be a helper. She reminds me so much of me when I was little, she always wants to be in the middle of everything helping out. So she got to help me cook chicken spaghetti, and she got to help with dishes. She was very happy with this, and it was very neat to watch. Then when it was time for her to go to bed, we sat in her bed and sang hymns together. She didn't know most of the words, but that didn't stop her from trying to sing them. It is such a privilege to be able to teach/sing her hymns. What a beautiful gift God has entrusted us with! I love to see her singing to God, and I love seeing her grow up! What a joy being a Mom is!

No comments:

Post a Comment