Thursday, June 3, 2010

Potty training

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject of potty training, but I think I have found a way that works for us. I recently started potty training my son. He will be 18 months next weekend. When Kaylee was 18 months, we started potty training her too. Both of my children started to recognize when they were going potty in their diaper, so I took that as the cue its time to start. With Kaylee, I had a little bit of a harder time. We went through a lot of pull ups, and I even bought the vinyl panties. She would still have accidents, even though she knew when to go potty. I finally just put her in big girl panties, and very soon after she was done training. This has been my experience with other children as well, if you put pull ups on them, they have accidents, but with panties they are less likely to go on themselves.
So when I decided to start with Bubba, I bought one big package of pull ups, and a package of little underwear, which happen to be the cutest things EVER! So far, he has done amazing! Many days, he has kept his pull up dry all day. When I put him on the potty, he pees, or at least tries. He has even pooped in the potty a few times!! For those of you who have potty trained little ones, you know that can be a major accomplishment in itself. I'm not sure how it will all work, if he will keep it up or not, but for right now I am beyond excited! I am just really hoping that he is completely potty trained before the new baby gets here in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment