Friday, June 18, 2010

Our birthday =)

Four years ago, my life changed. Really, it all started about 9 months before that lol . ;)
Four years ago, on my 21st birthday, I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, and a Mother was born inside of me as well. There is such an unexplainable feeling that comes from becoming a parent for the first time. There is a new selfless love that you never knew could exist. Over the past 4 years, I have made MANY mistakes, and learned many lessons the hard way. The best advice I could give to any new parents would be to never say never. Before Kaylee I thought I had it all figured out, and knew just how I would raise my child. My child would NEVER do this, or that, or act that way in public. No, not mine. I could point out the mistakes other parents were making as though I knew what I was talking about. Boy, was I in for it. I have learned humility by eating the words I once spoke. I have sympathy for things that parents do out of ignorance that forever change their lives and the lives of their children. I have made many mistakes, but have come to realize that almost every parent I know would admit to the same thing. My daughter is a happy, healthy, smart, respectful 4 year old, and I am very proud of the daughter we have raised so far. She is such a sweet, loving person, and I pray that our relationship always stays close and loving. I pray that we raise her to know and love God, and that he would change her heart to a heart that loves and obeys him. I pray that I am a good example to her.
This year we decided to skip the big party, and let Kaylee pick something fun to do. Her first choice was flying, but the place Brian once took me to fly at no longer did it. Her next choice was jet skis, but you have to be 5 to ride the rented jet skis. So, she chose a boat. She has never been in a boat, so it was an awesome experience. It was something we could all do, including Bubba. We all enjoyed it.
Monday was her actual birthday, so we invited a few close friends and family over to celebrate with us. It was nice to have people around celebrating who are around on a regular basis, who know and love my daughter. So on the guest list were Nana (my Mom), Grandma (Brian's Mom), Papa (Brian's Dad), Chrissy and Mia, the Brents, Boyles, Lyons, Muirs, and Jessica and Audrey. I think that's it. It was a nice group to have around. These are people who I consider to be my family. They are there for us, and show a genuine love for us. And they reminded me that it was my birthday too. Everyone was so sweet to bring us cards and presents and eat with us, and just spend time with us. Each and everyone of you mean the world to us, and our lives would not be the same without you. We love you guys, and thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I missed it! I can't wait to see you on Sunday. Hopefully I can actually talk to you, instead of hug your babies and run off to do other things. :) XOXO Kristen

    ReplyDelete