Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The cute things my children do...

Today at breakfast, Kaylee sang the cutest song!
"Mommy is happy, Mommy is happy
Mommy loves Daddy, Mommy loves Daddy
Because she got married, because she got married
In her big dress"
LOL!! Isn't that funny?! That girl makes me smile! I love how she can remember the words of any song, and can recite it when you least expect it. I love how she makes her own words up too. I love how she always wants me to snuggle with her before bed, even though her Daddy just read to her, sang with her, prayed with her, and snuggled with her too. And I love how she always makes up new kisses just to keep me in the room longer. So far, we have the famous hug, famous kiss, eskimos, butterflies, forhead, bubble, ear, hair, and head kisses. Not sure what she will come up with next.

Brian (Jr) also said a new word today too! While the kids were playing/eating, I told them to eat because I wanted to go to Nana's job today to get my ac fixed. Bubba, for the first time, said "Nanaaaaa" really loud! It was so cute!! I love being able to be home with him and seeing all these things for the first time.
I love how he goes and picks up books all the time and wants me to read to him. He calls them all bibles, and I think thats cute too. It melts my heart when I rock him to sleep, and he looks up at me and starts dancing. I know what he wants, but I'm trying to teach him words lol. So I ask him "what Bubba?" and he will try to sing. I'll ask him if he wants me to sing to him and he will shake his head yes and lay back down on my chest. I think 'Victory in Jesus' is his favorite, because everytime I sing it, he starts "singing" really loud. It is either his favorite, or my voice is really that bad that he is trying to drown it out! ;)

Sometimes being a Mom and wife and trying to hold everything together in a way that brings glory to God can seem so hard. Then, in little moments like these, I reflect on the overwhelming love I have for my children, and remember how much more love God has for me. I pray that I show my children grace just as God has shown me. I pray that God will use me to show them his grace and glory. I pray that God will change their hearts into hearts that will love and obey him.

No comments:

Post a Comment