Monday, May 3, 2010

Hmm...

Recently I decided that I would start a journal. I have so many thoughts in a day, I thought it would be helpful to write some of them down and get them out. That, unfortunately, has not worked out so well. Two of my good friends recently started blogs, and it made me think that blogging would be much easier than journaling. First, because I can type much faster than I can write, and second, because I spend more time on the computer than in my bed (awake, that is) which is where my journal happens to stay. So...here goes.
You never know how much your words mean to someone. An encouraging word can go a long way between friends. I am reminded of this all too often when one of my loving friends extends words of encouragement. Although they might not know, it makes my day. Sometimes I go through life feeling unimportant (hence the name of my blog) even though I know that I am loved and cared for by many people. I often wonder what difference I make in peoples lives. My first confession is this: I have a great fear of being rejected by people. A really, really bad fear lol. I know, everyone fears rejection, big deal. lol. I have actually been thinking of this a lot though. Why do I care if I am rejected? It is okay to not be perfect. Good thing, huh? Cause I am far from perfect. I have great friends who accept and love me just as I am, with all my many flaws. At the end of the day, I take great comfort in God's promise that he will continue to sanctify me. When I have failed, I look to the cross, and remember that 'Jesus paid it all'. I pray that I continue to lean on Christ and that I do all works for the glory of his name, and not of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment