Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Mom(s)

Today we spent the day celebrating Mothers day with my Mom and my Mother in law since tomorrow we will spend most of the day in church. I don't spend nearly enough time singing their praises, so I'm gonna take a few minutes and do so now.
My Mom is a strong woman. She can do it all. As a small child I watched her stay home and take care of her family. She took great care of us all. Every night when my Dad got home, dinner was ready and on the table. She put love into everything she did for us. Even though she was mistreated, abused, and disrespected, she poured a great deal of love out to take care of her family. Then, I watched her become a single mom, working a minimum wage job to support 3 kids. I'm not sure how she did it, physically or mentally. We were bratty children who fought constantly, and I wish we had made things easier for her. Now, she has become a Nana. Her grandchildren love her and treasure all the time they get with her. Although we don't spend enough time together, I know if I ever needed anything, no matter what time, I could call her. She would drop EVERYTHING in a heart beat to take care of her family. That's just who she is. I have learned so much about how to be a good wife, a good mom, and to take good care of my family from her. Thank you Mom, for all that you do.
My Mother in law is pretty great too. In all the years we have known each other, we have become very close. Not just as MIL/DIL, but as friends. We have conversations that last for hours every time she visits. She is always here for me if I need someone to watch the kids so I can go to the Dr (which is a HUGE relief!). She loves her grand babies so much, and they love her too. She has been by my side through some of the roughest, and some of the happiest times of my life. I count her as a blessing. It isn't often that you find such a special, loving bond between a mother in law and daughter in law. I'm glad I have that bond.
To all that you have done, and all that you do.
I love you both more than words can say.
Happy Mothers Day.

1 comment:

  1. So nice Debbie! Say it while you can.........my mom has been gone for 5 years and I wish I could tell her how I feel.
    -Wanda

    ReplyDelete