Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trusting in God

I worry too much. At the first sight of something not going exactly as I had planned, I panic. This is an ongoing problem for me, but one where I have seen growth. Far too often I freak out wondering "How could this POSSIBLY work?" without giving one thought to the fact that God is in control. Everything that happens to me is for my good and Gods glory, so why do I worry? Because I am a poor, pitiful woman in desperate need of a Savior. I like when God reminds me of this, and gently leads me back to the foot of the cross. Take today for instance...last night when I suspected I might have strep throat, I paniced. "How can I go to the doctor? I have no sitter. There is NO way I can take all the kids with me. I don't have time to be sick." Not once did I stop and just trust in God. This morning comes around and I get a dr appt, at 1:30. The earliest they had. Which just so happens to fall in the middle of naptime. Here we go again "What am I gonna do?" Well, here is what I did. I gave the kids an early nap, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, did the dishes, and cleaned the rest of the house. Woke the kids up and fed them lunch, loaded everyone up and headed to the doctor. I was in and out within 30 minutes, and the doctor even sent my prescription electronically so all I had to do was pick it up. The kids were so well behaved that the doctor even complimented me on it. My throat hurts, but I've already got antibiotics in me so hopefully it will get better fast. Looking back, I don't know why I paniced. It is always like this, God ALWAYS takes care of me. Even if it wasn't how I thought it should be, it was exactly how it was supposed to be. I am very grateful for a sovereign God. Thank you God for being so patient with me and showing me so much grace that I don't deserve. Help me to trust you more. Help me to lean on you at all times and to glorify your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment