Monday, July 5, 2010

The birth of a baby

Two days ago, on July 3rd, at 8:20 am my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy weighing 7.5 lbs and 19 inches long. In case you have never actually witnessed a birth, it is a beautiful thing. This was not the first birth I've witnessed, but it is the first one of a friend/family member. It was a long labor, but when it came to the pushing, she did wonderfully. Just a few pushes and the baby was out. It is truly a miracle of God how he designed a woman's body to work. To be able to carry a baby for 9 months, then when the time is ready, your body goes through changes just to allow the baby to come into the world, it is amazing. I didn't get to experience birth this way, because I have had 2 c-sections. I've missed out on the birth process, and the first hours of my newborns lives. I'm thankful to have been there with my sister and see what I'm missing out on. I just love newborns. Something about the first few days of bringing a newborn into the world, and seeing all the joy around. Everyone gathering to meet your new little blessing. All the changes your life now goes through, and somehow none of the chaos seems to matter because you look into the eyes of this beautiful new baby and it all goes away. Although I'm scared to think about what my birthing process will be like this time, I am so excited to get to experience a newborn all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment