Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dr appt

Today I met with a new doctor, the doctor that will be delivering my third child. I wanted to stick with the same OB as last time, but he is no longer delivering babies. This doctor was nice, he talked for a long time. I told him that I don't want to have another c-section. I know the risks involved with a vbac, and I know my chances are low, but I refuse to not even try. He said I'm not the greatest candidate because I've had 2 c-sections already that were probably due to my bones being too small, but that we will try. I told him of my experience with Brian, and how the spinal didn't take and I felt them cutting and had to be put to sleep. Just the thought of walking into another operating room like that is terrifying to me, I'm not sure how I will deal with the anxiety. He assured me that he always checks to make sure the spinal takes before he starts cutting, and that he would have a good anesthesiologist on board. He is requesting my medical records to look into who the last one was, and verify that he is no longer there, or will not be my anesthesiologist. He tried to listen for the heartbeat, but couldn't hear it. This concerns me a little, because I was able to hear with my other 2 this early on. I've already had an ultrasound and heard/saw a healthy heartbeat, so that is comforting. He told me that he will try again in 2 weeks, and if he can't hear it he will send me for an ultrasound. He said that my uterus is tipped way far back (I have a problem uterus) and that is most likely why he can't hear it. He gave me some exercises to do from now until my next appt that should help. All in all, his staff seems very friendly, and he seems like a good doctor. I hope that by the next appt I will be able to hear this little ones heart beat, I look forward to that! Now if we could just find a name that we both like, I'd be happy! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment