Thursday, March 17, 2011

My treasure


My bible is probably my most treasured item. Most days, I don't treat it like it is my most treasured item. Sadly enough, some days, I fail to even open it.
Still-this is where God reveals Himself and His will. This is where God tells me of his all sufficient grace when I fail. This is the ultimate authority in my life, and the unchanging, unwavering truth. If I hear something crazy from some preacher and want to know if it is true, I can go to God's word. No matter how many times I open it and read the same words, I'm ALWAYS learning something new-God is always working in me. In other countries people are persecuted for even owning a bible-yet in America we have them everywhere and don't really stop and think about what a treasure it really is.

This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment