Sunday, March 20, 2011

The person who has gotten me through the most


The person who has gotten me through the most would have to be Jesus Christ. Now, I've not seen him face to face, so a picture of the cross will have to do.
A little over 2 years ago, God lead us to a church in Mont Belvieu, Tx where we heard a sermon on how Christians ought to live, and what true repentance is. God used our pastor and that sermon in a mighty way, breaking through my prideful heart and my "good person" mentality, and cutting to the core truth that would bring me to my knees: I am a great sinner against a Holy God and in desperate need of a Savior. That is when I first trusted in the gospel, the true gospel. I grew up knowing about Jesus, but had never understood my need for Him as my Savior. I would call myself a sinner, but never contemplate the depth of my sin, or the punishment the bible said it deserved. Sometimes, at night, I would pray to God and say sorry, but never with the intentions of changing my ways. I had never truly repented, I had never turned my eyes to Christ. There are a lot of people in my life that have helped me through difficult situations, and truly been there for me more times than I can count, but, without Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, they are all meaningless. If Jesus Christ is not my hope in this lifetime-I have no hope at all. This entire life, every breath, is in vain if my prize is not in heaven, seeing my Savior face to face. Jesus Christ gave his life as a ransom for the sin that I deserve punishment for. Without him, I would be destined for hell for all of eternity.

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. 1 Timothy 1:15

For  I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 1 Corinthians 15:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment