Monday, March 28, 2011

Something that has made a huge impact

I'm thinking that this 30 day challenge will have to be a Monday-Saturday thing, because Sundays are just too busy for me to be able to blog. Today I'm supposed to post a picture of something that has made a huge impact on my life recently. I'll update it and add a picture later. The thing that has made a huge impact on my life is my 4th pregnancy. My last pregnancy ended at 15 weeks in miscarriage, so this pregnancy has been completely different than my others. I am now more aware of the chances of miscarriage. To be honest, I had never really been concerned about my other pregnancies. I just took for granted that because I was pregnant, I would have a happy healthy baby. Now, I count every single day with this baby growing inside of me a huge, undeserved blessing. It is scary to think that at any moment, I could no longer be pregnant. This can cause me to react one of two ways: Either I will live in a constant fear of the unknown, or I will trust that God has complete control of life and death, and nothing will happen apart from His perfect will. Sometimes, I teeter-totter between the two. I try not to live in fear, but alas, I'm still fighting my flesh. A few nights ago I was going through my emails and came across one a dear friend sent to me right after the miscarriage. It was so sweet, and encouraging. I was very blessed to have had so many strong Christians around me to build me up and keep me focused. Still, the sad feeling loomed over me for the next couple of days. Then, yesterday at church, our preacher talked about Christians suffering using Hebrews 12:3-17. You can listen to it here. I really enjoyed the sermon, and felt conviction and joy both at the same time. I needed that. I was reminded all over again that God knows my every need, and he provides everything I need at the perfect time, according to His will. This pregnancy is going well. I've seen the baby, heard the baby, and felt the baby. I pray that in about 4 more months, I'll get to hold this sweet little boy in my arms. Most of all, I pray that God's will be done, and that I would praise him through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment