Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My biggest insecurity

Today I'm supposed to post a picture of my biggest insecurity. Really? I'm not sure how I would go about posting a picture of that. I'm not 100% sure I really want to even answer this question at all. ;)
In my close relationships, or I guess any relationship for that matter, I am very insecure about confrontation. For as long as I can remember, my family's way of dealing with problems was to not deal with them at all. You either act as though nothing ever happened, or you stop speaking. In fact, Brian is probably the only person I have ever felt comfortable voicing my feelings and concerns to. This, obviously, is not good. Problems WILL arise in relationships, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life pretending that I'm not hurt by things that should hurt me. I also don't want to spend the rest of my life cutting ties with people that have hurt my feelings. It has taken a lot of work, and is still a work in progress, but with help I now have the tools I need to be confident in confronting problems as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment